Friday, October 13, 2006

A Child's Dream

This is the poem which got me the Runners up in GRAVITY 2 Poetry Competetion....

When i went to my couch,
It was around 10 in the night;
After 33 long years in my life
Is my achievement worth strife?

I slowly closed my eyes
Life rewinded year wise.
From 33 to 32 to 31
It came to a stop at 5.

I remember that day,
As if it was just yesterday!
The chubby kid, with curly hair,
Was posing cutely for a photograph.

Though, it was just a small step
It ahs become my life's best.
That day i started to grow,
From then things started to flow.

My brother realized my potential,
Helped me not to feel emotional,
Family support was sensational
That made my life fictional.

My father signed my first contract
From that day life has been on track!
I was a prodigy at sixteen,
And became a star at eighteen.

Tons and Tons of runs
Loads of scalps, helping wins.
As records kept me above the rest,
People started calling me the best.

All alone i couldn't have done this;
It was because of the 3 Fs;
My Family, friends and Fans
Helped me win life's wars.

Above all, the blessings of the Lord
Has helped me in being called Cricket's God.
At 5, I was just Sachin Tendulkar,
At 33, i am one of the best Cricketer.

4 Comments:

Blogger naveenbkeerthi said...

Nice one.... i particularly liked this para
"All alone i couldn't have done this;
It was because of the 3 Fs;
My Family, friends and Fans
Helped me win life's wars."

Family is most important for all of us...

7:04 AM  
Blogger Varun@TISS said...

simply simply awsomeeeee..!!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger BEPenfriends said...

Ya it is nice one

hey visit mine too, I am albert from wipro

my blog is at Bepenfriends blogs

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home